Skype For Business Online is the unified communications platform within Office 365. It comes with most versions of Office 365 and is also offered stand alone. Skype For Business Online offers the following features:
- Messaging: Instant message people that are both in and outside your organization
- Skype Voice and Video: Connect to anyone that has a Skype for Business or Skype account
- Online meetings: Chat, talk, and share with people both in and outside your organization
- Desktop and Application Sharing: Powerful multi-party desktop sharing enables presenters to broadcast to remote participants in real time.
- Presence: Shows availability of you and your team members throughout Office 365 applications
Skype For Business builds on Skype by offering Enterprise-grade security as traffic is encrypted by using Transport Layer Security (TLS). Additionally, archiving of peer-to-peer messages, multi-party instant messages and content uploads are included.
Skype For Business is expanding and adding additional features such as Skype for Business PSTN Calling, Skype For Business Broadcast which are expanding Skype For Business into a complete communications platform.